Troubleshooting Techniques for Android TV Box
In this guide we will show you how to troubleshoot and fix your Android TV Box problems. In this article we will cover the most common Android TV Box Problems first, and then we will cover the less common Android TV Box problems.
Internet Speed is essential when using an Android TV Box. There are a few things you need to consider;
- It is recommended to have high speed internet for your device to stream properly without ruining the users experience.
- If you have sufficient speed you may have an old router or your Wi-Fi signal is not strong enough. Check your Wi-Fi signal >> Your signal strength will be located at the top right or top left of your TV screen near the clock. You can also do a speed test using speedtest.net. You can access Speedtest.net using one of these devices; a computer, tablet, or phone. The application will need to be installed on whichever device you wish to use. When checking your Wi-Fi speed you will need your IP address off of your router. Once you've determined your Wi-Fi signal is low, you may need to replace your router with a high-powered Wi-Fi router. You can also try moving your current router closer to your Android TV box to get a stronger signal.
- Make sure your power supply is connected and plugged into your surge protector.
- Your HDMI cable is connected to the back of the box and into the proper HDMI Input on your TV.
- Make sure neither end of the cables are damaged or loose.
- We recommend rebooting your router at least once a week to ensure a clean connection.
- Unplug your router for approximately two minutes then plug it back in. Once you maintain an internet connection, your box will take a moment to reload.
- Test your Wi-Fi speed if necessary.
- If your device seems to be running slower than usual. To reboot your TV box, hold down the power button on your remote and select Reboot/Restart. Your box will restart within a few seconds.
- Your box freezes, try the step above ^^ if unsuccessful, unplug your TV box for 20 seconds and plug it back into the surge protector. Your box will power back on within a few seconds.
- Do not leave items on top, underneath, or too close to the unit as this will prevent your TV box from getting the proper air flow needed to cool.
- Do not put tape on your TV box to hold it onto your TV (out of view) as this will cause overheating.
- If your device feels very hot and shuts down, wait until it cools off before turning it back on.