What is an Android TV Box?
What is an Android TV Box?
An Android Box is a Smart TV Box or Set-Top Box that connects to your TV using an HDMI cable, which then allows you to turn your plain ole TV into a smart TV with the click of a button. Imagine being able to stream Live TV, Movies, Series, Sports, Music, play games, check your email, download any app you'd like from the google play store without limitations like other devices, use social media, and much more. You can choose to install your Android box one of two ways; wired connection - Ethernet, or wireless connection - WiFi. All of our boxes are equipped with both options. If your router is next to your TV it is always best to connect straight to the router by Ethernet. If your router is a far distance away and you have to connect by WiFi you may consider using boosters.
Do you need a Smart TV?
Absolutely not, You do not need a Smart TV if you have an Android Box as the Android box makes the TV Smart by turning your TV into an interactive virtual reality experience. Android operating system is the most used operating system for TV boxes. With Android there is no limit to what you can download, as with other systems you are limited. As long as you have an HDMI Port on your TV, you are good to go.
What is the difference in the Android boxes on your website? IF YOU WISH TO RECORD TV PLEASE READ THIS PART.
1G/8G, 2G/16G, 3G/32G, 4G/64G
1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G represents (RAM) the processing speed, how fast your box will run depends on your processor. For instance, someone with High speed internet may decide to go with a 2G box, where as someone with a slower connection may go with a 4G box. Don't jump the gun just yet, now let's talk about Storage.
8G, 16G, 32G, and 64G represents ROM (STORAGE), how much information you can store on your device.
If you want to use your box to record, please do not purchase a 1G/8G as this does not have enough expandable memory. Our 1G/8G box is perfect for someone who does not wish to use the recording feature. If you are looking to do light recording we recommend our 2G/16G boxes. Please note if you purchase this box, you will need to clear off the recordings in a timely manner so you do not overload the memory. If you wish to do light recordings and keep them, we recommend our 3G/32G box. This is a very fast box and you will be satisfied with your purchase. If your looking for a extremely fast box to download as much as you'd like, we recommend our 4G/64G box. PLEASE NOTE, WITH OUR 4G/64G BOX YOU CANNOT UTILIZE THE RECORDING FEATURE USING THIS DEVICE. Also keep in mind, you can add additional storage to any of these devices at your own expense, however you cannot add to the processing speed.
How hard is it to install an Android TV Box?
The Process is very easy to say the least!
- Connect your Android Box to your TV using the HDMI Cable that comes in the box.
- Connect the power adapter to the back of your Android Box and into a Surge Protector to protect it.
- Make sure you select the correct HDMI setting on your TV
- Select settings on your Android Box, connect your box WiFi by selecting your network. Next, you will need to enter your password, this is usually located on the back of your router.
- If you wish to connect thru Ethernet, please disregard the step above. Plug your Ethernet into Your Android Box and the other end into the back of your router.
- Launch the TBT App (which comes Pre-installed for you if you purchase your device from our website), enter your username & password that was emailed to you. Please note this information is case sensitive, enter it exactly as it appears or access will be denied.