Questions & Answers
- We provide step by step Instructions on how to setup your device.
- We have video tutorials on our YouTube channel.
- Message us here on our website regarding any questions you have by using the contact form at the bottom of this page. We are always here to assist you.
- Our PREMIUM APP (Programmed on all smart TV boxes on our site for your convenience.) updates for you. Simply select settings, refresh data, and refresh both. You do not need to log in and out daily. Those are the steps to update your Premium app daily.
- The Box Trix app (original) is available in the Google Play Store for Android , Downloader or Filelinked for Fire devices, & other devices etc. All details are emailed within 24 hours after payment is received. You also need to refresh your channels & TV Guide thru your LIVE TV section. By following these steps, this will send all available updates thru to your device.
What are your hours of operation?
If you have any questions we are available Monday- Saturday 10AM- 6PM CST, (CLOSED ON SUNDAY). After hours you can reach us by using the contact form below.
We do not offer Free Trials, however we do offer a 72 Hour Trial pass. This allows you try it before you buy it. You get the exact same channels and features as monthly subscribers, MINUS ADULT XXX & PPV/ LIVE EVENTS. Once you complete your check out, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download the TBT App along with your username and password. Please allow up to one business day to receive your login information, usually the process is much faster and within the same business day.
Connect the HDMI Cable that comes with your device to the back of your box and into your TV. (Your TV must have an HDMI Port, to check simply press TV Input). HDMI Ports are usually located on the side of your TV or the back, sometimes both.
Plug the power cord into the back of the box and into wall outlet (Surge protector is always recommended). Your box will power on, make sure you put your TV on the proper TV Input in which you plug the HDMI Cable into. (EX. HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc)
Select>Settings>Networks- Choose your secured network and put your password in, OR you can use the Ethernet port if you prefer. (For Ethernet you must have proper setup established). For Ethernet, plug your Ethernet cable in, your all set (CONNECTED).
Select the back button to exit.
- Internet Speed – If your connection is too slow, then you will most certainly get buffering. We recommend 40Mbps or above, and a minimum of 25Mbps to have a smooth experience. You can verify your speed by using Speedtest.net for free. If other people are streaming, downloading, gaming, etc. it will slow down the overall shared household speed.
- Wi-Fi – Wireless signal being weak or degraded by distance. It is always best to have your device setup closest to your router as possible. You can purchase higher range routers or range extenders to increase the Wi-Fi signal in your household. Ethernet (connecting your box directly into your modem/router) is the best option.
- Ethernet- generally has a speed advantage over WiFi connections, with maximum speeds ranging from 10Mbits (megabits) to 100Gbits (gigabits) available. Typical WiFi networks are much slower, with the added downside of disruption from other radio signals and obstacles reducing the speed and quality of any wireless network.
In the context of WiFi, obstacles are physical—walls and other objects can block or degrade WiFi signals between a device and a network router. By design, this isn’t a problem for wired Ethernet connections, assuming you have the space to lay Ethernet cabling. While it is possible to boost WiFi signals, an Ethernet connection does away with the problem entirely.